Founded Date January 4, 1937
Sectors Education , Employment Firms
Posted Jobs 0
The Punjab Public Service Commission, established in April 1937, is the oldest Provincial Public Service Commission of Pakistan. It was established under the Punjab Public Service Commission Ordinance, 1978 and presently It is functioning in accordance with the ambit of Punjab Public Service Commission Ordinance, 1978 and Punjab Public Service Commission (Functions) Rules, 1979.
Select and recommend suitable candidates through a merit-based, transparent and expeditious process to promote excellence, professionalism and competence in the Punjab Public Service and render advice to Government.
- To establish a competent, efficient, professional and responsive Public Service to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century
- To act without fear or favour ensuring functional independence, political neutrality, accountability and integrity
- To uphold standards, policies, guidelines and rules governing selection processes
- To develop and implement rule-based selection criteria and processes to ensure fair and equal-opportunity to all candidates
- To render advice to the Government, where necessary, on policies, methods of recruitment, selection criteria and processes, to ensure efficient selection process and to attract best possible human resource for various posts
- To conduct tests, examinations and interviews for recruitment to:-
- Such Provincial Services and posts connected with the affairs of the Province, as may be prescribed; and
- Such posts in or under a Corporation or other body or organisation set up by Government under any law, as may be prescribed;
- To advise the Government on such matters as may be prescribed relating to the terms and conditions of service of persons who are members of a Provincial Service or hold posts in connection with the affairs of the Province.
- Such other functions as may be prescribed.
Team Members (16)
They work on merit, really appriciat.
Good service for govt. jobs for fresher