Job ID 19758
Experience 5 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
We are looking for an In-House Legal Counsel to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of commercial law and experience in drafting, negotiating, and closing a variety of commercial contracts. They will also have experience advising clients on complex commercial transactions and working with Internet and technology companies.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, such as licenses and intellectual property agreements, revenue share agreements, app distribution agreements, co-marketing agreements, and other commercial transactional agreements.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from business development, product, marketing and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise company colleagues on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, and negotiation strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Build positions on regulatory and legal matters.
- Play a significant role in advising relevant teams on key risks and strategies.
- Work with product, engineering, and compliance teams to advise them of regulatory risks.
- Qualified to practice law in Pakistan, admitted to the bar, and in good standing to practice law.
- 5-7 years of experience at the attorney level in a law firm/in-house legal department.
- Experience structuring, drafting, negotiating, and closing a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Experience working with internet and technology companies.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to take initiative and meet standards of integrity.
- Strong legal and business judgment.
- Ability to analyze and assess business processes, spot issues and propose/implement solutions.
- Ability to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease.
- Passion to embrace challenges and drive meaningful solutions, including amid complexity and uncertainty.