Job ID 13117
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
What’s in it for you?
- This opportunity will provide you first-hand knowledge and information on the fast-paced financial world, as you get to listen to earnings calls, investor days and company conference calls live as they are taking place.
- You will also be provided opportunities to hone your existing as well as learn new skills to contribute more towards the department or company. Using these skills, you may be able to advance your career to a more tech-oriented role or a people management role.
- You will get to use state-of-the-art speech recognition technologies and cutting edge enterprise-level tools
- S&P encourages and assists its employees to explore new opportunities within the company that aligns more with their skill or interest
The primary responsibility of this role essentially lies in building publication-quality transcripts with high speed, multi-speakers and calls involving specialized terminology. In addition to transcriptions, the team will assist in the collection of other Business Information – private company profiles.
- You might be required to perform in either the role of a Scopist or Editor using real-time automated speech recognition technology and computer-aided transcription software to produce final output within set guidelines
- You will be collaborating with peers and Team Leaders to continuously improve the Transcriptions workflow process
- Each role is dependent on the other and should be coordinated precisely with the other team members in production of output
- You may be asked to proof and/or edit work performed by other Editors or Scopists in order to meet quality control guidelines
- You shall be gathering relevant business information as required by S&P Global
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent writing and listening skills in English
- Excellent hand-eye and auditory coordination along with the ability to multitask
- Ability to concentrate, focus and deliver consistently in time in an energizing environment
- At least a Bachelor’s/College Degree is preferable (no studies in progress)
- Familiarity with financial markets and business organizational vocabulary is an asset
- Prior experience of working in a Transcriptions team is preferable
- General knowledge/know-how of current affairs will definitely help in editing transcripts with context, leading to greater accuracy and precision
Primarily a morning shift job, however you will be expected to work in either the evening or evening shift depending on business requirements.