Job ID 19610
Experience 5 Years
Industry Health care
Qualifications Master’s Degree
Mercy Corps is looking for a Gender and Safeguarding Advisor to join our team in Pakistan. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in gender and safeguarding, as well as experience working in the development sector.
- Identify gender and safeguarding issues/challenges/risks within Mercy Corps’ programs and develop ways to address them.
- Provide technical inputs to integrate gender and safeguarding considerations into Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure that Mercy Corps’ gender and safeguarding policies are implemented effectively across all programs.
- Identify capacity-building needs for Mercy Corps staff and partners, and develop and implement capacity-building plans.
- Monitor partner organizations’ compliance with Mercy Corps’ gender and safeguarding policies.
- Serve as a reporting focal point for safeguarding-related issues and concerns.
- Provide support to program participants to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Raise awareness of safeguarding among Mercy Corps staff and partners.
- Advise senior management on gender and safeguarding matters.
- Represent Mercy Corps at relevant forums and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in gender studies, social work, or a related field.
- 5-8 years of experience working in gender and safeguarding in development programs.
- Experience implementing safeguarding efforts in NGOs.
- Strong understanding of gender and safeguarding principles and best practices.
- Ability to work cross-culturally and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Urdu.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work with a leading international non-profit organization.
- Chance to make a real difference in the lives of people in Pakistan.
If you are a passionate and experienced gender and safeguarding professional, we encourage you to apply!