Job ID 13284
Experience 10 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
The primary responsibility of the position is to ensure adherence to policies, processes, and product programs to onboard only quality customers who match the risk appetite of the organization. The job entails managing the field and tele-verification process, collateral quality assurance, and shroff management. The specific responsibilities include:
Field and Tele-Verification:
- Report anomalies identified through tele-verification and field verification to the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ensure the tele-verification supervisors are checking the quality of the verification done by the tele-verification team on a selected sample by listening to the call recordings.
- Ensure compliance with the credit risk accountability and enforcement guidelines for Branch Banking, Field Risk Officers, and Tale-verification officers approved by the Board.
- Train and guide the field and tele-verification team in case of any changes in bank policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ensure field and tele-verification officers understand and comply with all performance standards, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and policies.
- Ensure pre and post disbursement verification of the loan portfolio through field and tele-verification as per the mandate given by management.
- Ensure the complete script is followed by tele-verification officers through listening to recorded calls on a sample basis.
- Ensure the availability of recorded landlines for tele-verification.
- Monitor and evaluate tele-verification officers’ performance, provide learning or coaching opportunities, and take corrective action where required.
- Ensure that the field risk supervisors are reviewing and validating the loans verified by the field risk team on the selected sample by physically visiting the customers in the following month.
- Handle all issues related to internal/external/SBP Audit regarding field and tele-verification.
Collateral Quality Assurance:
- Share findings/observations along with mitigants and suggest actions as per policy where shroff or branch staff found involved in any illicit activity or non-compliance of policy.
- Review collateral packets if invited customers are not present for re-evaluation.
- Provide recommendations on control measures, improvements, and mitigation for collateral management.
- Conduct an annual assessment of shroffs currently working with the bank and share the anomalies with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure annual physical reconciliation of collateral packets held in admin vaults with the outstanding portfolio on bank books and share irregularities with collateral admin for corrective actions.
- Ensure collateral re-evaluation activities as per SOP/guidelines at each location where TSQ (gold) loans are allowed.
- Monitor collateral auction activities and share identified gaps with relevant stakeholders.
- Update and implement collateral management policy and guidelines and align both the documents with regulatory guidelines.
- Review Collateral Quality Assurance reports and resolve the observations in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for the sale/auction of collateral (Gold).
- Conduct auction/sale of gold-backed 100% delinquent accounts except disputed cases (i.e., deceased, fake, and court cases).
- Take timely actions against the shroff if found involved in any unauthorized activity.
- Ensure onboarding of Shroffs meeting the eligibility criteria as defined in the bank’s collateral management policy and SBP guidelines for the evaluation of collateral (gold).
- Monitor overall exposure on a single shroff and suggest actions in case of a significant increase in exposure.
- Ensure the availability of required files, MIS of auctioned/sold accounts, and all relevant information/data to avoid.
Qualifications & Experience:
- MBA/ Master’s Degree in Commerce, Finance/ ACCA/CA + Professional Certification/Diploma, preferably.
- Auditing & Analytical Skills.
- People Management.
- 10-12 years of relevant experience.
- Oral & written communication skills.
Other jobs you may like
Project Engineer / Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil / Electrical) job in Lahore
- @ Govt of Punjab
- Project Implementation Unit, PAKISTAN, 54000