Job ID 12799
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
As the Head of Engineering, you will play a vital role in the company’s leadership by defining and executing the engineering and product development strategy for our Ed-Tech division. Your primary responsibility will be to position the engineering and product departments for growth by optimizing their organizational structure, making key hires, and cultivating a culture of excellence. You will also ensure that the team is working towards a common goal by developing the product vision and strategy, elaborating on stories, approving new products and features, and driving decisions across products.
- Build and manage a talented and passionate engineering team and direct product development in the Ed-Tech division.
- Create an actionable product roadmap and maintain a cohesive and singular vision regarding the product.
- Define and communicate the product vision with all key stakeholders and ensure its feasibility with respect to business objectives.
- Take ownership of large, complex, and highly technical projects that include product design, frontend, and backend development.
- Coach and mentor engineers and participate in code and architectural reviews to be a steward of the engineering culture at Ed-Tech.
- Work with the founders on executing high-level engineering priorities and the technical roadmap.
- Ensure delivery of quality projects at a fast pace by developing and monitoring performance metrics.
- Improve internal processes, promote knowledge sharing in the organization, and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Interface with executives and development across the organization.
- Maintain personal effectiveness despite barriers, setbacks, or situations of high uncertainty.
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences or Data Science is preferred.
- Experience with building and launching Ed-Tech or similar products.
- Proven ability to provide vision, success criteria, and direction throughout the product lifecycle.
- 6+ years of experience in product development or a relevant position, preferably in the Ed-Tech industry.
- Prioritize technical needs and non-functional needs alongside new feature development for the product, including monitoring, logging, and capacity planning.
- Proven experience in product strategy.
- Experience in working in Agile Scrum environment and engineering management.
- Experience working with project management tools.
- Excellent English communication and leadership skills.
Other jobs you may like
Academic Manager (Night Shift) required in Rawalpindi
- @ YC SOLUTIONS
- Benazir Bhutto Rd, B-Block Block B Satellite Town, Rawalpindi, Punjab, 46000