Job ID 19527
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
- Assist the Country HR Manager and the business or function to achieve objectives by giving good quality HR advice and guidance.
- Maintain (coordinate/assure/implement) Collective Bargaining Agreements for our site by leading the administration process during and after CBA negotiation at our manufacturing site in Pakistan.
- Represent the Company on conflict management (if any) as employees’ first line of contact for any Employee Relations issue.
- Where required, take the lead in managing employee and industrial relations at the relevant level working with employee or works councils and local Union representatives.
- Research on new/updated labor regulations issued by the government including evaluation of how it impacts the Company and as a point of contact representing our entity in Pakistan for data support and performing activities related to government mandatory audit and reporting.
- Employee Lifecycle Management:
- Coach and support people managers in ISC and Manufacturing so that they have the necessary capability to carry out activities pertaining to people aspects.
- Facilitate the P&DD for ISC and Manufacturing.
- Operational Excellence:
- Support local plans for standardization and continuous improvement within the country.
- Work with other HR colleagues in the country to ensure that AkzoNobel’s global HR processes are implemented within their area of responsibility.
- Explain and support the standard HR Operating model, directing managers and employees to the correct part of the model.
- Industrial Relations (IR):
- Develop an effective working relationship with the CBA representatives (Union) and Govt. agencies to ensure smooth plant operations to avoid any unrest.
- Attend all hearings of labor-related cases and ensure the company is represented with adequate legal support and the lawyer is fully prepared to represent the Company as per requirements.
- Effective communication with the unionized / shop floor workers to ensure that all contentious issues, and leave management system compliance are resolved in a proactive manner.
- Implementation & compliance of CBA Agreement signed between Management and CBA.
- Implementation & compliance of local labor laws in a manner that workers’ grievances are handled in an appropriate manner and within the stipulated time frame.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 5-6 years of generalist experience in HR with an understanding and hands-on experience in handling unionized workers.
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Service and solution-focused mindset
- Ability to work with some level of ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills – individual, group
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, complex environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to travel when needed
- Accepting Direction
- Accepting Responsibility
- Acquiring Information
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with a leading multinational company
- Chance to make a real impact on the lives of employees
If you are a highly motivated and experienced HR professional with a passion for industrial relations, we encourage you to apply!