Job ID 13416
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
The Institute for Global Health and Development (IGHD) at Aga Khan University is dedicated to addressing global health and environmental challenges by providing a platform for collaborative research and partnerships between AKU, University of Central Asia and the wider Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The IGHD works across four thematic areas: Sustainable Development Goals, Gender Equity and Empowerment, Climate Change, Urban Development, and Health, and Agriculture, Food Security, and Nutrition.
Job Role / Responsibilities: The position involves data management for a research project, including data plan creation, data collection software management, sample size estimation, preparation of summary statistical reports, and internal and external data presentation.
- Developing new computer programs for assigned projects, debugging, and creating records and output
- Writing programs to select, retrieve, manipulate, edit, and analyze data
- Reviewing project protocols and data collection tools to ensure the collected data meet scientific and statistical requirements
- Supporting data presentation for the publication of research studies results
- Developing new programs and reviewing programs to ensure production of a quality program
- Liaising with project supervisors, principal investigators, and departmental heads to understand data management requirements
- Ensuring data integrity and supervising data quality assurance
- Assisting data management staff in designing study databases, reviewing study database structures, and data management project conventions
- Providing support in statistical workshops and seminars.
Eligibility Criteria / Requirements:
Candidates must have:
- At least five years of relevant experience in research/MIS
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally on a regular basis
- Knowledge of databases, programming, and collecting data management requirements and estimating the efforts involved
- Ability to test products in controlled, real situations before going live and maintain systems once they are up and running
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Statistics, or equivalent
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly people management and communication skills
Other jobs you may like
Admissions Officer required in Bahawalpur
- @ Times Consultant (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan, 63100