Job ID 13393
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
The Specialist Network Security and Projects position is responsible for ensuring the procurement, setup, and maintenance of hardware and software systems related to network and communication services, with a focus on ensuring network security. This position will manage Network & Communication projects from project inception to closure, ensuring project delivery within allocated budget and stipulated timeframes. In addition, the Specialist Network Security and Projects will be responsible for preparing RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT NWC projects and associated efforts.
Networks Project Management:
- Gather system requirements and perform validation testing for enhancements to the department’s primary project management tool.
- Rollout several projects, including the direction and management of implementation/design teams.
- Develop ISMC documentation library for historical modeling using the Integrated Systems Management Center.
- Perform risk assessments/risk management, project management, and testing on new technology.
- Lead and implement cross-functional training initiative within network team to ensure business continuity.
- Manage everything from POC, RFP, TE, to Projects deployments and monitor solutions deployments.
- Participate in weekly project management meetings and share network projects update.
- Establish network and communication service desk by providing system design, project management, and engineering services for business in collaboration with civil and works.
- Utilize a common process and project management methodology to manage and monitor projects.
- Develop and deliver training and support to implement enterprise Project Management methodology.
- Monitor and drive project performance by implementing project management best practices.
- Provide Project Management for multiple international Enterprise Network Engineering projects.
- Capitalize on project management expertise to oversee diverse projects.
- Implement project management utilizing ITIL process methodology.
- Provide consultation and/or full management of proposed applications.
- Orchestrate effective planning and project management.
- Plan, budget, and manage the technicians involved, as well as hands-on implementation.
Networks and Communications Security Management:
- Analyze and resolve network security issues and perform system recoveries during outages and outside attacks.
- Implement network security, and configure NAT, Proxy Server, and Firewalls.
- Implement, maintain, and strengthen network security for all users.
- Design, deploy and support Network Security Policies.
- Be responsible for Network Hardening and all other Network Security initiatives and projects.
- Implement network security on Cisco using NAT, ACL, and tunnels.
- Create and lead the network security audit team from ETS and be responsible for all Network Audits.
- Design configuration, deployment and detailed network documentation.
- Develop corporate IT network security policies and procedures.
- Develop procedures, guidelines, and specifications to support the implementation of an enterprise network infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and manage Tipping Point network security devices, as well as Cisco and Fortinet.
- Develop plans and reports using agile methodology and MS Project toward infrastructure improvements.
- Administer Network Security on Cisco Routers, VPN Concentrators, IDS Sensors, and Checkpoint/PIX Firewalls.
- Utilize PDM Management tool also develop and implement security and intrusion resolutions, BCP/DR, and firewall infrastructure for system-wide integration.
- Provide network monitoring, utilization projections, change management, technical issue reporting, and overall infrastructure health reporting
- BS in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in a relevant field.
- Project Management
- Excellent knowledge of Internet protocols
- Operations Management
- Good analytical and technical knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Networks and communication services
- Change Management
- Excellent knowledge of Datacenter administration
- Excellent knowledge of Firewalls and proxy server administration
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or HCIA/HCIP/HCIE
- CCNP Security/NSE4,5,6,7 certification preferred.